Sunday, May 12, 2013

Shakespeare sonnet 115

   I chose this sonnet, to be honest, because it was one of the easiest to comprehend for me. In this poem I believe he is talking about how love can still grow stronger everyday even though he originally thought he could not love anymore, "Even those that said I could not love you dearer." He talks about how deep he thought his love was only to find out he can still love more or have a deeper love than he first believed to be true, "Might I not then say, Now I love you best." I think he believes here that it is impossible to love any greater than he knows right now. He was sure of his love, "When I was certain O'er uncertainty."
     "Love is a babe; might I not say so," I believe he is referring to cupid or maybe to someone he loved in the past and thought he could never love that way again.  His love is growing for this person and he is surprised by how he is feeling. We never think we could love someone or something as much as we actually do and we are surprised to find out that we actually can love deeper and more everyday and this is what I believe he is talking about.
   This was an interesting view on love and like I said before, something we all encounter in our lives. When you love someone you never think your love can ever be any greater than it is at that moment and we are all surprised to find out that this is not the case at all. Love is a powerful tool and I believed he touched on it the only way he knew how to and that was from his heart. Love is truly a feeling we all enjoy and the more we love something or someone the better we feel and I believe he touched on that in this poem.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, good. Say more, expand discussion and include more examples. 15/20 points.

    ReplyDelete